CNN International and CNN en Espanol August 2010 to January 2017
Digital Analyst, UX & Social Media management – CNN International & CNN en Espanol Digital– Atlanta, Georgia
As a liaison between IT, web developers and digital content teams, I provided technology solutions, UX support, SEO management and data analysis for 300+ CNN en Espanol and CNN International social, TV, mobile and digital sponsorship elements and renewals for CNN.com and on-air. Working with web developers on the UX side, I provided analysis for digital content featured on websites and mobile devices. I also co-managed media inventory for the ad operation’s SharePoint and worked to integrate and ship it for mobile and modern devices. Weekly, I produced digital content for online, mobile, web-based initiatives, post-production and product promotions through various CMS (WordPress and internal systems). Quarterly, I synthesized data for presentations and case studies for social media and marketing events around award-winning programming including microsites for special events.
2014 – Part of CNN’s award-winning team at PromaxBDA for marketing and promotions (social, mobile, digital, and TV) | also listed in Peabody Award for digital contributions to news coverage
2013 – Presented CNN Money Transfers – an online site for the wealth and investment management segment within CNN Money, QMB and financial programming
2012 – CNN blogs & newsletters (news alerts for sales and clients) – approved content for the ad sales teams on social media in collaboration with network bloggers in the finance, technology, travel and tourism sectors for North America, EMEA, and APAC
2010 – Championed expansion of CNNI Commercial on social media, created a social advertising playbook detailing unique marketing strategies for clients and their industries focusing on digital and mobile apps
Awards: Group Peabody, PromaxBDA Best Marketing/Digital Design Team
Additional Contributions and Responsibilities:
- Led meetings and was a liaison between IT, CNN Digital, marketing, ad operations, additional mobile teams and editorial to create bespoke products for clients re: advertorials and on-air initiatives including SEO.
- Delivered data analysis and reports on trends in mobile ads tools and apps
- Co-created case studies and sales videos for social, mobile, TV and digital campaigns
- Produced mobile app on-air and digital promo
- Provided business scope and strategies for expansion to social platforms
- Translated audience responses and various internal communications from Spanish, French, and Portuguese into English
Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Kanban, Campaign Manager, Microsoft and various CMS
Digital Features Producer – NHK World TV, Japan (Japan’s National Broadcast Network – (i.e. PBS, BBC)
Created digital features for fashion and cultural shows, produced trend reports for on-air and online highlighting stateside Japanese and Tokyo Fashion communities. Material used by the network in Tokyo, Japan. Latest feature is seen on Kawaii International’s December show and Tokyo Fashion Express (produced feature on model Cairo used by network for 2018 rebrand).
Current Project Management and UX Roles
Manager | Project Manager – Software Integration for Websites and Social Media March 2017 – Present with Smiles for Life Network & D4CDB – Atlanta, Georgia
2019 Project Manager for Software Integration for brand sites (PM role)
2018 Designed and developed company intranet (UX role)
2017 & 2018 Assisted with the design and launch of 22+ brand websites
2017 Developed the company’s first digital newsletter for internal Marcom
I interface with c-suite, directors and stakeholders on technology solutions for multiple internal and client facing projects for Smiles for Life Network, a support arm of D4C Dental Brands. Accomplishments include:
- 2019: Agile PM for reputation management software integration serving healthcare brands: six-month project included overseeing API connections, software for sites and interfacing with physicians and stakeholders to ensure requirements for development and deployment were met within the 2-week sprint
- 2018: Company Intranet & digital communication – Agile PM for the development and launch of the company intranet and communications piece, updating software, implementing technical architecture, usability testing, tech specs, documentation and data analysis for B2B clients, c-suite and stakeholders monitoring progress and success of the multiple supported brands.
- 2017: Website Development – liaise with vendors, digital agencies on SEO and SEM, and web developers on the launch 16+ websites in 2017-2019 serving children, teens and adults in over 20 US cities – WordPress CMS
- Digital Management – Interface with the director of digital marketing, c-suite and stakeholders on overall digital media strategy providing analysis and analytics on results using best practice and industry tools (Smartsheet, Trello, ClickUp, My Social Practice, Google & Twitter Analytics, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Salesforce, Facebook and Instagram Insights)
- Social Media Management – lead strategic planning and monthly deployment for organic and paid social media campaigns that increase engagement and brand awareness for healthcare practices serving children, teens and young adults in over 20 US cities
Additional Work & Consulting
Digital Product Manager (Consultant in UX Design & e-Commerce) January 2009 to December 2014a with MEDA Imports Group – Atlanta, Georgia
For MEDA Group, international dance retail clothing brand, I directed a large-scale community outreach project via social media to increase brand awareness, website engagement and conversions/sales. This was accomplished using UX design principals and multiple social media platforms that led to exponential brand awareness, engagement and 1M+ in sales for 5 consecutive years.
Initiated e-commerce strategy which increased MEDA’s conversions and brand awareness using cyclical patterns from social media and mobile apps. Worked with web developers to implement fun, engaging designs on the website for quick conversions and increased sales. Expanded brand’s reach using multiple platforms, microsites and social media
Created a digital engagement strategy that led to 1M annually in sales, MEDA Groups reached a fan following of over 120,000 on Facebook and other social platforms – specifically focused on customer experience with detailed and user-friendly navigation for MEDA’s e-commerce goals
Worked on rebrand and relaunch of website alongside web development team
• Provided analytics reports, ROI for the CEO and CFO inclusive of Google Analytics and AdWords campaign efforts
• Oversaw UX design, UI models to enhance online experience with products and social engagement, provided technical support for website and product inventory database
• Produced event promotions, mobile and print ads for social platforms/paid posts
• Managed guest registration and product inventory of 100+ attendees via online tools and mobile apps
• (Online/Mobile/E-Commerce led initiative) Daily engaged with fans, partners and clients (in 4 languages) via social platforms and created mobile/digital content for various product campaigns featuring MEDA Group’s sponsorships of international festivals/conferences
About Me Outside of Work:
I’m multilingual, grew up in a multicultured household and community. I spend a lot of time helping bands, musicians and artists thrive in the digital space with a variety of UX designs for their sites. I love to kickboard, swim and play soccer once a week. If I could, I’d spend more time with the bands I love. Foods and cuisines I love to share and grew up with are Italian, Nigerian and Persian – though I’m not a great cook and would rather spend time on technology. I’m allergic to most pets so I instead collect plush alpacas and Japanese mascot bears.
I was the assistant director of the Silk Road Track at DragonCon for 9 years and held panels on everything from technological impacts on cultures in Tokyo to Godzilla!